When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Here are some answers. Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, resulting in a more comfortable, functional, and confident smile. While many assume that braces are primarily for improving appearance, that is only one of the many benefits of straight teeth. Get the healthy, straight smile you've always wanted with braces from Peak Dental of Lakewood. Call our office at (216) 221-1438 to schedule an appointment today for your braces consultation in Lakewood!
Benefits of Braces
Correctly aligned bite and spaced teeth can provide the following benefits:
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ, neck pain, or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Help those with speech impediments speak clearly.
- Improve oral health by helping create spaced teeth, making them easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
After your orthodontic treatment, you may need to wear a retainer. Made from acrylic or wire material, your dentist will take an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth for a proper fit.
Wearing retainers after getting braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. They will help you maintain teeth alignment for a long time. If you want or need braces, call us at (216) 221-1438 to make an appointment for your braces consultation in Lakewood.
ClearCorrect aligners are custom made, virtually invisible, and allow patients to straighten their teeth with the convenience of being easily removed for activities such as eating, flossing, and brushing.
ClearCorrect braces are made of a transparent reinforced plastic. They are used to rectify the alignment of your teeth. One of the reasons ClearCorrect braces have become popular is because they are easily removable.